KHD is a boutique law firm serving a select group of clients.
We help our clients identify and manage risks, whether tax, business, regulatory or family disputes, and plan for and protect their legacy. Our advice utilizes our tax expertise, fits practical business and governance needs, and puts the best interests of our clients front and center. By taking an integrated approach to counseling our clients, we have built a reputation for acting as “general counsel” and delivering trusted advice and creative solutions. These enduring personal relationships enable us to become the institutional memory for our clients and allow us to provide tailored advice in an efficient manner.
We offer tailored services for a select group of clients, including planning for:
- Trust and family governance
- International structures for multinational families
- US and cross-border income, estate & gift tax
- Compliance with US and international disclosure regulations
- Pre-immigration and expatriation
- Business succession
- Sales and other major transactions involving family businesses
- Family office structuring and securities law
- Private and commercial trust company design and regulation
- Charitable and other nonprofit organizations, creation and administration